- Shrimp (1 pound)
- Bell peppers, sliced (2)
- Red onion, chopped (1/2)
- Zucchini, coined (1)
- Lime (1)
- Cilantro, chopped (1 bunch, optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Once all vegetables and shrimp have been prepared, place in a sheet of tinfoil long enough to wrap and completely cover ingredients.
- Drizzle olive oil over the shrimp and vegetables, and sprinkle salt and pepper. If adding cilantro, add this now.
- Wrap the tinfoil to completely cover and enclose the food. Place on your campfire or barbecue.
- Leave to cook for 10-15 minutes, or until shrimp is fully cooked.
- Carefully remove from heat and let cool before opening.
- Unwrap and enjoy!
ABOUT THE RECIPE
This recipe for campfire shrimp is perfect for the summertime. Our ambassador Amy loves making this when her and her family go on camping trips! One of the best parts about campfire shrimp is that you can use ingredients you have on hand! This is a great way to use up vegetables that may be going soft and prevent food waste! You can also easily customize this by wrapping the food individually and adding your own spices. Whether you’re cooking on an actual fire or your barbecue, this quick and easy summertime meal will definitely be a favourite!
Amy is an athlete, mom of 3, trainer, and entrepreneur. Using her extensive knowledge as a trainer and experience training as a world class triathlete representing Canada with 3 young kids at home, Amy created Get TriFit.The TriFit20 Method makes fitness a lasting habit through 20 minute workouts. Amy’s honesty and ability to find joy in every day is addictive. She connects you to more than a workout so can you thrive amid the chaos of life.Amy teaches mindset shifts to tap into women’s true potential; turning “I want to” into “I can, I will, I am.” All with small daily actions. Start by showing up every day, especially the hard days, for 20 minutes. You can find Amy on Instagram, Facebook, and on her website. Need a fun playlist to work out to? Amy’s got you covered with this Spotify playlist here.
WORKOUT WITH AMY!
This 25 minute intermediate to advanced ab workout will target your oblique and abdominal muscles with a series of exercises that dig deep and leave you wanting more.
Want to learn more about Public Myth In Motion? Read all about our online workout platform in our blog post here!